Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Help - benefits threatened because my mum stays over to help
I recently had a call from the benefits agency accusing me of having my mum living with me and threatening my single person council tax and housing benefit and esa would have to be paid back. I suffer from fibromyalgia, mental health issues, scoliosis, emphysema and I struggle to leave the house and I have a 5 year old. They rang up stating theyd be ringing back and I should tell the truth when they do. Apparently they've had a malicious report stating that my mum is living here. Please can someone help me how many nights is my Mum allowed to stay here to help with the house, taking my son to school etc but also because I have night terrors and pain flare ups and exhaustion. Please help, thanks.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.