Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi can anyone help me with this query? I claimed ESA in nov2018 because my health condition has worsened since my last ESA claim was turned down 2 years ago. I have sent medical notes in to ESA confirming this and have attended a ESA assessment in Jan 2019. ESA are refusing to pay me any benefit until outcome of assessment. And have informed me that if assessment decision go against me, they will not be paying me any benefit for Nov, Dec, and Jan. They said I should have claimed U.C while my ESA claim was being assessed. But Im not allowed to claim U.C while claiming ESA and my citizens advice worker had to close down my U.C claim in Nov 2018 to enable me to claim ESA. I have not had any benefit since Oct 2018. Help!
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 835 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 301 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.2K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 770 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.