PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Is it normal to be asked this?

leigh71leigh71 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
I had a phone call from pip decision maker asking to confirm how long I’ve been unable to take a journey alone is this normal
has anyone else had this

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, perfectly normal. Sometimes the decision maker will ring asking questions before making a decision. It happened to me during my last PIP review.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • leigh71leigh71 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    How long after the phone call did u receive a letter 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    I rang 24 hours later and a decision was made. Mobility increased from Standard to Enhanced and this was my review.  The question i was asked was how long ago did my mobility get worse (moving around) I answered the question and was thanked. Decision letter came the following week.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • leigh71leigh71 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanku thanku for ur reply x
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    I suppose that they would write to you if they didn't have your telephone number? I would hope so and just not make an award because they couldn't talk to you.
Sign in or join us to comment.