Is it normal to be asked this? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it normal to be asked this?

leigh71
leigh71 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had a phone call from pip decision maker asking to confirm how long I’ve been unable to take a journey alone is this normal
has anyone else had this

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, perfectly normal. Sometimes the decision maker will ring asking questions before making a decision. It happened to me during my last PIP review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leigh71
    How long after the phone call did u receive a letter 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    I rang 24 hours later and a decision was made. Mobility increased from Standard to Enhanced and this was my review.  The question i was asked was how long ago did my mobility get worse (moving around) I answered the question and was thanked. Decision letter came the following week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leigh71
    Thanku thanku for ur reply x
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I suppose that they would write to you if they didn't have your telephone number? I would hope so and just not make an award because they couldn't talk to you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.