does anyone know if I have to still go in to d h s s with a doctors note — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

does anyone know if I have to still go in to d h s s with a doctors note

irene64 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
hi I have got fibromyalgia and a chronic back problem. which I am still having treatment for and need more investigation, I was just assessed fit for work, couldn't belevie it , I got a sick note from my doctor for 3 months , I have just been signed up for universal credit, does anyone know if I have to still go in to d h s s  with a doctors note, please help, I am going to take it to a tribunal but have to gather all my medical info yet, I also retire in 4 months , I cant belevie it


  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @irene64

    Good Evening & Welcome????

    It’s great to meet you today ????

    Here’s some info below for you please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with?????

  • irene64
    irene64 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    :):) thank you for information, but not sure what it means, sorry for being a little thick, ha ha , not sure what to do thanks, not long to go before I am free of these goverments 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,465 Disability Gamechanger

    Were you previously claiming ESA and got found fit for work with that?

    As you're now claiming UC then yes you'll need to send your sick notes to DWP or take them into your local job centre. They'll eventually refer you for a work capability assessment and you'll be send a work capability assessment form. You'll need to fill this out and return it with all your evidence to support your claim. Eventually you'll most likely have to attend an assessment, like you did with ESA. Once a decision is made you'll either be placed into one of the groups or be found fit for work.

    As you've claimed UC you won't be able to go back onto ESA.

    You say you retire in 4 months. Do you mean you claim your state pension in 4 months? If so then the UC will stop once you reach retirement age and then you'll claim your state pension.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.