Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
ESA change of address situation
I moved in with my partner last September and only lived with him for a short period as I had to return to my home town which was along way from him, because a family matter occurred. I received a new esa3 form which I filled in as a single person but used his postcode as I am still of no fixed abode. They called and said they had a problem and that as I was using his postcode. I seemed advice and was told to use a postcode in my home town as I was residing there which I did do. I still visit his house and am still under consultant for an operation in his area because of the waiting list. So the esa demanded other information which I supplied each time I get a call they move the goal posts for something else. Now it has gone to a decision maker as they don't believe I have moved at all.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.