Confused by PIP report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused by PIP report

hayles123
hayles123 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have just received my pip report today, I am a little confused? Is the report supposed to help me have a little idea of what I will be scored at? 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ hayles123 welcome to the community! 

Do you agree with the information that is stated in your report?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hayles123, and a warm welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear this. Is there any part of it in particular that's confusing you? Do let us know and our members will do their best to advise.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Somewhere in the report there will be boxes with dots or ticks. You need to compare those dots or ticks against the PIP descriptors to see what score, if any was recommended. You can use the PIP self test to compare them against and it will add any score up for you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hayles123
    Hi, All the boxes in the report have got dots next to the answer (a) witch basically is meaning that I have scored 0 and as tho I am capable of everything but in the other part of the report my assessor has written down that I need assisting in bath with washing and also needed help prepare food and need prompting to do things etc so I don't understand how my assessor has basically scored me 0 and put answer (a) to everything when majority of the answers should be different to a. From what she has written in the report to the answers she has put in the report are totally different..

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello it looks like you will have to go for a MR, plus when you get your notification award letter you will have a definitive answer if the decision maker hasn’t picked up between the decrepencies and the comments  written by the acessor and the points awarded that should have given you points towards an PIP award. You can take the mater, concerns up with the acessment company as well.
  • hayles123
    Thanks wilko, I have rang atos today and and told them about the assesses report and they are sending me a complaints pack out and I have also rang dwp an they are putting in my file about how the answers to the questions and the assessors comments don't add up so I'm praying that the decision maker looks at my file an sees that the assessor had contradicted herself and I hope they see that the comments she has put in my report should be awarded. 

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    But surely the contents of the report is not the official decision?
    Should you not wait until the DWP have decided on a decision then contact them by way of a MR?

Seems to me that the poster is intent on starting a MR process before they know what the decision is.

• hayles123
    Hi yadnad I am not going for an mr just yet and I'm hoping I won't have to, just from what I have been reading and all the comments I've had on other sites is that if I have basically scored 0 in my report then the chances are my decision is going to be 0 award too? Like I say I'm just hoping they take into account the information they have rather than what the have answered my questions on, I also believe that it is rare to go against a an asessor.
  • poppy123456
    Yadnad said:
    But surely the contents of the report is not the official decision?
    Should you not wait until the DWP have decided on a decision then contact them by way of a MR?

Seems to me that the poster is intent on starting a MR process before they know what the decision is.

The report is a recommendation but they usually go with it, it's rare to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger

The report is a recommendation but they usually go with it, it's rare to go against it.
    I agree that is why you should wait until the decision is made before entering into any discussions or arguments with the DWP. 

I have also rang dwp an they are putting in my file about how the answers to the questions and the assessors comments don't add up so I'm praying that the decision maker looks at my file an sees that the assessor had contradicted herself and I hope they see that the comments she has put in my report should be awarded
  • poppy123456
    Completely agree that nothing can be done until a decision's been made.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.