PIP report — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP report

Bungalow Member Posts: 43 Courageous
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have had my assessment for pip and obtained my report. Applied for Pip due to a serious accident two half years ago ( should have claimed it before now but I wasn't up to it) I sustained a fractured C1, Fractured spine, Fractured shoulder in four places, Fractured ribs , Broken fingers. I have Arthritis in my lower spine, hips, hands and shoulder due to calcium buildup, I wear hearing aids in both ears and have Vertigo regular for around three years ( meniere's desease) and Asthma.

  I'm in pain most of the time , this first question I would like to ask on my assessment report . The Asssessor stated due to the level of pain relief I take Co dydomol , Neproxin, and my inhaler. She say's as I take my medication on a when needs basis as the Neproxin aggravates my stomach it doesn't tie in with the amount of pain I am describing? I can not take anything stronger as it would interfere with my part time work which I don't know for how long I will be able to continue .

Looked at your site for the descriptors and had the same thing on mine able to walk to room not out of breath, standard same things ) copying and pasting springs to mind? I could not lift my arm physically as my shoulder has gone into malunion meaning they have healed in the wrong place only lift arm to chest level no rotation at all. I refused to do her examination gave the reason's why she put down I just refused ?? she has contradicted a consultants letter about rotation of arm in some fairy land world of theirs. 


  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,946 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Hi @Bungalow welcome to the community! 

    Sorry to hear this. I am unsure how to advise however there are community members who will be able to advise and be in contact with you soon.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Bungalow
    Bungalow Member Posts: 43 Courageous
    Thank you Ami2301 I am determined not to let this get me down . :smile:
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bungalow
    What outcome did you get from your PIP assessment?

    If you arent happy, you can appeal the decision. You start this by applying for Mandatory Reconsideration.

    • It's best to do this in writing and give reasons why you disagree. The address to write to is on the decision letter you have received.
    • You must do this within a month of the original decision.

    DWP will look at your claim and tell you their new decision.

    • You have a month to ask for an appeal if you are still unhappy.
    • You need to appeal using form SSCS1 
    • You must state your reason for the appeal clearly and forward any supporting evidence as soon as possible – do not wait for the hearing.

    If you need advice on completing this, call 0300 123 1142.

    You can download Form SSCS1 or get a paper copy from your local Citizen's Advice Bureau and Jobcentre Plus office.

    You must complete sections 1, 2, 5, 6 and 8. Use black ink and block capitals.

    Section 5 is where you must state your reasons for your appeal. You must write down the reasons why you think the decision is wrong. Your reasons do not have to be lengthy or written in legal language, but you need to say more than just 'I disagree'. Explain simply why you think the decision is incorrect and what you believe the correct decision should be.

    Send your appeal to HM Courts and Tribunals Service. If you live in England or Wales you should send your appeal to:

    HMCTS SSCS Appeals Centre
    PO Box 1203
    BD1 9WP

    Telephone: 0300 123 1142

    Do not forget to sign the form and enclose your mandatory reconsideration decision letter.

    We have a video about this here:

    Senior online community officer
  • Bungalow
    Bungalow Member Posts: 43 Courageous
    Hi Sam it looks like I have 8 points for care on the report, waiting for the award letter to confirm this .


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.