Lymphodema — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lymphodema

Options
kward4666
kward4666 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Does anyone else here suffer and live with this painfull swelling in legs and feet ?

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kward4666, I'm sorry you haven't found anybody else with this yet. Would you like to tell us some more about your own experiences?
  • RainbowJo
    RainbowJo Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    @kward4666 i have this. currently its in the top of both my legs the rest went down having my feet up 24/7 while in hospital. but the tops wont go down. 

i was diagnosed last year and put on a list to seen but the wait is a good year. 

hope ur legs/feet r not too bad. 
  • nikkif
    nikkif Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
    Options
    I suffer with it as well as may Turner syndrome in my left leg. The pain is excruciating some days I can barely walk and my leg swells so much I feel like the skin might burst. Some days it gets so bad I have to drag myself to the toilet using the wall as support. 
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options
    i am paraplegic so dont get the pain, but i get severe swelling, I have been advised to rest with the legs prone as much as possible and moisturise the  a few times a day, also have things like compression or bandaging been mentioned to assist, not sure if paracetamol or similar would help with the pain at all 

• kward4666
    kward4666 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    After arguing for 3 years i managed to get the lymphadema nurses to come to me and do the dopler scan and i got my new farrow wraps. At last it was only when i threatened to report them they decided to come.out. after telling me for 3 years they dident do home visits.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Blimey @kward4666! Well done for persisting. How long have you had the FarrowWraps for? Have they helped? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Carlys
    Carlys Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    kward4666 said:
    Does anyone else here suffer and live with this painfull swelling in legs and feet ?
    hi yes i have it look up LIPOEDEMA its not lymhodema alot of women have this hope this helps
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @kward4666 how long gsvecyou had the farrow wrapped on during my time as a carer in the community  a few people had the same condition the wraps do  reduce the size of the legs  and does help 

Hope you have some results soon 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.