My 12 year old daughter has anxiety — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My 12 year old daughter has anxiety

Babyrose
Babyrose Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm new here, 
Our 12 year old beautiful daughter is not attending year 7 at school her anxeity is extreme, its heart breaking to see, she is pyhiscally sick and goes all faint, yet each morning I wake her up she gets dressed for school, but can not walk through the gates, 
I have gone through these feelings, frustration, anger, heart break, diaper and numbness. She is such a bright child, I feel sad that shes missing out on the social side at such a young age
Any advice would be golden right now thank you x

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Babyrose Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry what you are going through.

I am one of the team of community champions who advise and help new members who join.

I am myself suffer anxiety and can identify what your daughter is going through.

I would advise first to speak to your Doctor.  Talking to your Doctor with your daughter can often help.   I know in my time at school was full of anxiety. Understand that .

Sometimes by talking usually counselling and some therapy can help with confidence.  Find the source the triggers that make your daughter anxious.

Also consider looking at coping methods and strategies  to deal with your daughters anxieties. 

Many mental health charities deal with this. Something to speak to your Doctor about or look on line.

Being a life time anxiety suffer using every day coping methods and strategies helps.  Not easy ever to deal with but you cope. Hope I have given you some reassurance.

Please ask if we can advise further.  There will be members of our community or team might be in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.