What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Have bipolar, can't work but am managing

Hi, 

I have bipolar and haven't had any serious episodes for a while now. I'm on medication and have been doing okay on them.

Every time in the past that I have tried to be in work has led to an episode which has led me to leave the job. I still feel like I would not be able to get back to work and it would make me get unwell again.

During normal day to day life, I only need occasional rest days when things are too much but when I am unwell I need almost constant care and support. Episodes usually last somewhere between 1 and 3 months.

I'm fortunate to have a husband who earns enough to cover our expenses but with 2 kids it can be difficult to make ends meet sometimes.

I applied once for DLA a long time ago but was rejected despite letters from my GP and didn't have enough strength to fight the decision. I knew fighting it probably would have made me worse despite probably being the right thing to do.

Is there any chance I may be eligible for PIP? Am I likely to be rejected and have to fight it? What other experiences do people have with a similar condition and situation as me?

Thanks,
gorpie.

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.