Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

Debz1945
Debz1945 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi I had my pip assessment on 2 Jan 2019 how long do I need to wait before j can calm them up for my decision I suffer depression asthma high blood pressure High colestrol tmj in my jaw back pain they never told me me how many points I got like I have read on some comments do they usually tell you your score it's been 3 week now I do not want to call them as this may effect there decision but ideally how long should I wait and am I entitled to a copy of the report if so how do I get a copy please 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Hi,

They won't tell you what was recommended during the assessment. Waiting times for decisions can be anything from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer. Backlogs is just part of the reason why a decision can be delayed.

You'll only know for certain what you scored once the decision is made and you receive the decision letter.

If you live in the UK you can ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

Ringing them won't affect the decision. Do remember though that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's now those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Debz1945
    I no I have hospital letters and Drs letters for my support 

So could I phone up tomorrow and ask for a copy of my pip assessment do they post it or could I request email 

I have lots of hospital letters ECT in my support 
  • Debz1945
    J suffer depression and anxiety so the waiting is not helping even though I no I have to wait thanks for your reply 
  • poppy123456
    They post it to you, not email it. They open tomorrow morning at 8am. DWP PIP is who you need to ring.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Debz1945
    Dwp and ask for pip assessment sorry for question s nut in easily confused I do appreciate your help 
  • Debz1945
    What is a mandatory reconsideration I just read to ask for that after 2 weeks 
  • poppy123456
    No worries. The number to ring is PIP enquiries 0800 1214433 and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you.
  • Debz1945
  • smokeyjoey
    smokeyjoey Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Debz1945 said:
    What is a mandatory reconsideration I just read to ask for that after 2 weeks 
    You don't need to ask for a mandatory reconsideration unless you are unhappy with the decision, so once you get the letter you have a month to request that. 
    However on receiving a copy of your report if it looks like it's not going the way you had hoped you can get ready to request the reconsideration. Hope that helps
  • poppy123456
    What you read is not correct. This is asking the DWP to look at the decision again, of you're not happy and is the first stage to an appeal. Without asking for this first you can't take it to Tribunal.
  • Debz1945
    Thank you j got s letter today saying they have all 're info now and no need to get in touch they will get in touch 9nce a decision has  been made thank you for the advice 
  • poppy123456
    That's a standard letter they send to everyone, if you have given a mobile number. Those that have given a mobile number will receive a text message. You can still ring for a copy of the report, as advised.
  • Debz1945
    I will do that tomorrow then I never did it today as they sent this letter 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.