Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
hi,i and my partner have not long moved ito a bunglow,my partner cant walk and is in a chair,the unglow has ot got a drop kurb but has a pated are on the grden that last tenant parked tere car on.clrion houseing said do not park on the pated are as o drop kurb,soo i have been parkinng outside on the street ad wheeling my wife to the door,yesterday a car doubleprked and a fire engine could not get past,so i moved my car staraight away,as i did this i got te finnger and shouts from ppl i other cars waiting to get past,(my car had been park tere for two days without moving),the other had double parked,i have been told we can have a drop kurb put in ,but need to got to coucil and get planning,then get contractor sorted then get permition fron clarion houseing,and we would pay the bill,i have also bee told that there might be help to pay,but i have no cluue on who to contact,my wife did have an ocupational therropist but as we ahve mooved we dod not know who her new one would be,any hel would be great ,,please...
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.