Advice on making a complaint — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on making a complaint

hayley76
hayley76 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I have had ms for 23 years and recently I had to go for a pip assessment as it was changing from dla, they have put me through hell , I am awaiting a tribunal appointment which is taking forever, my health is really suffering and I am in a bad place, I would really like some advice on making a complaint about the whole backwards system which is failing genuine people like myself, many thanks hayley x

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @hayley76 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  I am one of the team of community champions on the forum. We help and advise new members who join.

Please can I ask are you receiving any support for your health needs?  Is any body supporting you ?

Understand as many of our community members have been thought the same. Including my self.

If you wish to make a complaint . A suggestion I would consider is your local MP.

They need to be aware of what is happening to our community.

Wish your all the best for a positive outcome on your tribunal. Please keep in touch we are here to help and be supportive.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hayley76, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences, and it's great that you're being proactive. You can find the DWP complaints procedure here, and as @thespiceman advised, you may like to consider writing to your MP too. Hope this helps you get started!

If you’d like to complain any aspect of the service you’ve received, let the office you have been dealing with know as soon as possible. We’ll do our best to put things right.

You can contact us by phone, in person or in writing. When you contact us, please tell us:
    • your National Insurance number – unless you are an employer
    • your full name, address and contact numbers
    • which benefit you are complaining about
    • what happened, when it happened and how it affected you
    • what you want to happen to put things right
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    hayley76 said:
    Hi, I have had ms for 23 years and recently I had to go for a pip assessment as it was changing from dla, they have put me through hell , I am awaiting a tribunal appointment which is taking forever, my health is really suffering and I am in a bad place, I would really like some advice on making a complaint about the whole backwards system which is failing genuine people like myself, many thanks hayley x
    More often than not, those that have a poor outcome with PIP is down to understanding how PIP works, ensuring you complete the PIP2 claim form correctly and supplying evidence to support the descriptors that you are claiming.

Yes the system is not fair or properly managed but you have to consider also that the vast majority of claimants are awarded the correct level of PIP with no issues. Only a very small fraction have difficulties.

So first of all are you satisfied that you have carried out the claiming process correctly

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.