PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Awarded PIP for years , Reveiw awarded 0 points

bcp268bcp268 Member Posts: 4 Listener
Prior to  review :
Borderline Personality Disorder 
Depression 
Greneral anxiety Disorder 
150mg Ventaflaxine Daily 
Daily living and mobility standard rate . 

Post Reveiw  :
Borderline Personality Disorder 
Depression
General Anxiety Disorder 
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 
300mg Venraflaxine Daily 
Zopiclone 3.5 mg ( due to be increased ) 
Psycology 

I received my “0 point “ award letter and sent back a mandatory reconsideration that returned with the same outcome . 
I intend to appeal , however I will not be able to attend the tribunal as I just couldn’t for a number of emotional reasons . 
Doea anyone have any advice ? Or been in the same situation that could offer me some support ? Many thanks 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It is always much better to appear in person. The Tribunal will always prefer you to attend in person because they want to hear it from you how your conditions affect you. They can't always make a decision by evidence alone.

Appearing in person if you're represented will give you a 71% chance of success. No representation it's about 50%. Paper based it's about 8%.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • bcp268bcp268 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    What if I sent someone to represent me ? My mother for example ? I just couldn’t , it making me panic now thinking about it . 
    Your mother wouldn't be able to go instead of you, unless she's your appointee.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • MisscleoMisscleo Member Posts: 646 Pioneering
    We need info on WHERE to get help with this situation.
    It could happen to anyone.
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    edited January 2019
    Your mother wouldn't be able to go instead of you, unless she's your appointee.
    Not entirely the case in my experience.

I attended on behalf of my wife for an appeal on her claim for attendance allowance. The 3 person panel didn't object after I told them that she was in bed rather poorly.

What happened after that is another matter!

But the hearing went ahead with no issues.
Sign in or join us to comment.