Awarded PIP for years , Reveiw awarded 0 points — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded PIP for years , Reveiw awarded 0 points

Options
bcp268
bcp268 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Prior to  review :
Borderline Personality Disorder 
Depression 
Greneral anxiety Disorder 
150mg Ventaflaxine Daily 
Daily living and mobility standard rate . 

Post Reveiw  :
Borderline Personality Disorder 
Depression
General Anxiety Disorder 
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 
300mg Venraflaxine Daily 
Zopiclone 3.5 mg ( due to be increased ) 
Psycology 

I received my “0 point “ award letter and sent back a mandatory reconsideration that returned with the same outcome . 
I intend to appeal , however I will not be able to attend the tribunal as I just couldn’t for a number of emotional reasons . 
Doea anyone have any advice ? Or been in the same situation that could offer me some support ? Many thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It is always much better to appear in person. The Tribunal will always prefer you to attend in person because they want to hear it from you how your conditions affect you. They can't always make a decision by evidence alone.

Appearing in person if you're represented will give you a 71% chance of success. No representation it's about 50%. Paper based it's about 8%.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bcp268
    bcp268 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    What if I sent someone to represent me ? My mother for example ? I just couldn’t , it making me panic now thinking about it . 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your mother wouldn't be able to go instead of you, unless she's your appointee.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    We need info on WHERE to get help with this situation.
    It could happen to anyone.
  • poppy123456
    Options
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Your mother wouldn't be able to go instead of you, unless she's your appointee.
    Not entirely the case in my experience.

I attended on behalf of my wife for an appeal on her claim for attendance allowance. The 3 person panel didn't object after I told them that she was in bed rather poorly.

What happened after that is another matter!

But the hearing went ahead with no issues.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.