Good experience — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Good experience

Options
Grace7
Grace7 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
 I really hope this doesn't come across as insensitive to people who are having a difficult time with their PIP claim but I just wanted to say that I've had a really good experience with the DWP. I applied 6 weeks ago, had a paper based assessment and just checked my bank account to see that I've been awarded a back payment. My letter hasn't arrived so I called the DWP and I've been awarded enhanced rate for care and standard rate for mobility for the next 3 years. Overall, I've had a really good experience with my claim. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,200 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Great news. It's always good to hear to positive stories because mostly we only hear the bad ones on internet forums.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree...so far my experience with the DWP has been positive as well (although I reserve the right to change my mind when I get my decision letter!!)
  • stree
    stree Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Options
    Good to hear that Grace.
    My experiences with PIP and ESA have been positive too, but generally on forums we only hear the problem ones, but good ones are out there too, just hear less about them.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.