Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Claiming Mobility component only
I am currently filling out my PIP 2 form and would like to ask the following question.
Has anyone ever just claimed the Mobility component and not the Daily Living component?
The more I read through the descriptors the more I think to myself that I wouldn't score many points, if any, for Daily Living without some exaggeration which I am not going to do. However, I feel that the condition of my health should apply to the descriptors of the Mobility component and I was going to concentrate my efforts on that for any award.
If I did only complete the Mobility component would that be looked upon as highly unusual and therefore prone to failure? Has anyone done this?
Many thanks for any feedback.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.