Claiming Mobility component only — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claiming Mobility component only

Options
haveacigar
haveacigar Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello,

I am currently filling out my PIP 2 form and would like to ask the following question.
Has anyone ever just claimed the Mobility component and not the Daily Living component?

The more I read through the descriptors the more I think to myself that I wouldn't score many points, if any, for Daily Living without some exaggeration which I am not going to do. However, I feel that the condition of my health should apply to the descriptors of the Mobility component and I was going to concentrate my efforts on that for any award.

If I did only complete the Mobility component would that be looked upon as highly unusual and therefore prone to failure? Has anyone done this?

Many thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• haveacigar
    haveacigar Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    Options
    Moderators,
    So sorry for this being posted 4 times....every time I tried to post I got an error so tried again. Please delete the other 3.
    Thanks.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No worries @haveacigar, I've removed the other three posts and hopefully you'll have some responses on this one soon!
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When you apply for PIP you are accessed on both daily living and mobility and awarded either the daily living or the mobility part of PIP at the standard or enhanced rate you cannot just put a claim in for one part it' about how you cope manage the PIP descriptors in a daily basis and how they impact on your live.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    wilko said:
    When you apply for PIP you are accessed on both daily living and mobility and awarded either the daily living or the mobility part of PIP at the standard or enhanced rate you cannot just put a claim in for one part it' about how you cope manage the PIP descriptors in a daily basis and how they impact on your live.
    There is nothing stopping anyone just completing the 'moving around' section of the PIP2 and crossing through all of the other sections that relate to care stating 'not applicable'.
    I did it with my ESA claims - where a section wasn't relevant and I also did it with the last two PIP2 forms where sections that related to mental health were crossed through as not applicable.

You can't very well make up stories in respect of some of the descriptors that don't apply to you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.