I won my PIP, tribunal but what to do now....... — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I won my PIP, tribunal but what to do now.......

penny2017 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi There

This is my very first post, so I hope I can get some sound advice from any of you that have experienced my situation before.

I applied for PIP on 30th Jan 2018 I had to take it all the way through to tribunal, which I had last week - 18th Jan 2019 and WON.  I was awarded Enhanced daily living and standard mobility. So I am just waiting for the back pay.

HOWEVER, I was told it would only run until 29th Jan 2019, as the panel felt my conditions had improved , so felt they could award me the PIP going forward.

Has anyone else had this situation??  What would you advise?  Upper tribunal or start a new claim?

Thanks in advance


  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @penny2017, welcome to the community and congratulations on winning your appeal! Hopefully some of our experienced members will be in touch and able to offer their thoughts on this soon.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,525 Disability Gamechanger

    You will only be able to take it any further if there's an error in law made. You need to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings within 1 month of the date of the decision. Once you receive this, you need to find someone that can look at them to see if the error in law has been made. If not, then that's the end of the road for this claim.

    Back dated money can take 8 weeks.

    If you start a new claim then i'd advise getting some help from a local advice centre near you.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.