How do I appeal WCA decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

How do I appeal WCA decision?

piglet72 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone I am new on here my husband went for a wca and he failed it I want to appeal it as his condition stops him from doing anything manual he has a disc problem in his back so I don't understand why they said he can work


  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,154 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @piglet72

    Welcome it’s great to meet you this afternoon ?

    We have got some info/advice/support you with ?

    Please please let me know how we can help you with???


  • piglet72
    piglet72 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I was wondering about appealing the decision 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @piglet72, and welcome!

    So sorry to hear of your husband's experiences. There's some great information on appealing on this Citizens Advice ESA page, including how to begin the process. Hope this helps, and do feel free to come back to us with any further questions.

    How to ask for mandatory reconsideration

    You can use the CRMR1 mandatory reconsideration request form on GOV.UK - or you can just call or write a letter, using the contact details on your decision letter.

    It’s better to ask in writing because then you can keep a copy of your form or letter for yourself. However, if you're getting close to the deadline, it's best to phone first and then confirm your phone call in writing.

    Make a note of date and time and the person you've spoken to, and send a letter to confirm this as soon as you can.

    You have 1 month from the date of the decision to ask for mandatory reconsideration. You'll find the date at the top of the letter that told you the decision.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.