Complaint regarding the CFCD — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Complaint regarding the CFCD

SMW83 Member Posts: 97 Courageous
I’ve recently posted regarding the fact I have been contacted by the Counter Fraud & Compliance Department of the Department for Work and Pensions three times in the last 18 months (twice within just over four months) with them claiming I am partaking in benefits fraud. 

However on each occasion I have been cleared or any wrongdoing on each occasion.

It is my belief the reports are being made by one neighbour who I have been subjected to both verbal and physical abuse from, including derogatory terms regarding my disability. Whilst I would hope that the DWP aren’t foolish enough to fall for fallacious claims but because the reports were made online anonymously, they have said this is hard to prove.

Does anyone know who I can contact to have this ongoing issue addressed or any action I can take to prevent this happening again.

Thanks in advance.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,518 Disability Gamechanger

    You have no proof that it was the same person each time. Even though you're having issues with the your neighbour, you still have no proof it was them.

    You can't stop someone from reporting you, regardless of the reasons.

    I realise it's very worrying when you're contacted by DWP because of this reason but providing you haven't done anything wrong each time then you really have nothing to worry about.

    I'm not sure it's possible to do anything you can do to prevent this from happening.
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    edited January 2019
    Hi @SMW83
    If you feel really strongly about this you may be able to report the issue to the police.They may be able to ascertain if the complaints all come from the same I.P. Address. If found to be so you could instigate criminal proceedings.
    Hope you get some answers.
  • SMW83
    SMW83 Member Posts: 97 Courageous
    It’s not just worrying, it’s making my health deteriorate substantially further each time.

    Well whoever is doing it is likely to succeed in whatever they are trying to achieve when I’m either institutionalised or have ended my life as I can no longer cope with the constant, unrelenting intrusion especially when I am innocent of these spurious claims.
  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,449 Disability Gamechanger
    There are some nasty weird people out there who either are jealous because you are getting benefits that they have been denied or just spiteful. Hang in there go with them if you are honest and proved not guilty for a third time time to involve the police and may be your local news paper if you think feel they could help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,518 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree, there are some very nasty people out there. Some just need to mind their own business.

    Unless you have proof it's them then even reporting it to the police most likely won't help because they won't just take your word for it. There's certainly no harm in trying.
  • SMW83
    SMW83 Member Posts: 97 Courageous
    I have involved the police but I am concerned of the repercussion should I allow them to take action as the person who I am certain is making these claims’s partner has been imprisoned for violent crimes.

    Therefore I am between a rock and a hard place as either I can let the police take action and be subjected to repercussion or allow them to continue and have my personal life intruded on to the point it is affecting my health and leaving me considering ending my life.
  • Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 187 Pioneering

    Hello @SMW83

    You are a member of our community and we appreciate you, and can see that you have been communicating with others on our community.  Your last post on the has concerned us and we wanted to get in touch.  

    If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at [email protected] 

    You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself: 

    If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away. 

    I know you say that there is no help available, but there are always people who care, so please keep asking and stay safe.

    Online Community Manager


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.