PIP Payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP Payment

SmithAdam198508 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I recently won my PIP case at a tribunal. I recieved a letter from the DWP, asking for bank details etc. When will i recieve (roughly) payments? Thanks Adam


  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Hi @SmithAdam198508 welcome to the community. Brilliant news! Congratulations on winning your PIP case. You may find this page useful.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,622 Pioneering

    Hi @SmithAdam198508 Congratulations on your tribunal win!  These types of cases often take some time to get payment through: 6-8 weeks following the hearing is common.  PIP will usually check the account details for payment before releasing arrears payments which is why you have had this letter.  Often it has been a long time since the claim was started (months at least) and so they check the account details haven't changed since then.  If you have returned this form I would allow 2 weeks and if you have not heard in this time then call them for an update. 

    As an aside, if you get any other benefits such as ESA, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support, make sure you report the PIP award to the office that pays the benefit as this can sometimes result in an increase in these payments - this depends on the PIP award and your other circumstances of course.

    Well done again! 


    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.