PIP Payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Payment

Options
SmithAdam198508
SmithAdam198508 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I recently won my PIP case at a tribunal. I recieved a letter from the DWP, asking for bank details etc. When will i recieve (roughly) payments? Thanks Adam

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @SmithAdam198508 welcome to the community. Brilliant news! Congratulations on winning your PIP case. You may find this page useful.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @SmithAdam198508 Congratulations on your tribunal win!  These types of cases often take some time to get payment through: 6-8 weeks following the hearing is common.  PIP will usually check the account details for payment before releasing arrears payments which is why you have had this letter.  Often it has been a long time since the claim was started (months at least) and so they check the account details haven't changed since then.  If you have returned this form I would allow 2 weeks and if you have not heard in this time then call them for an update. 

As an aside, if you get any other benefits such as ESA, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support, make sure you report the PIP award to the office that pays the benefit as this can sometimes result in an increase in these payments - this depends on the PIP award and your other circumstances of course.

Well done again! 

Sarah

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.