Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA wanting payslips from retired husband?

katybkatyb Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there , 
a little confused , I’ve completed the ESA form weeks ok , then I had a phone call to say , could we send 5 payslips from my husbands work from 2013 to 21017 ? He retired in 2014 , can you help me understand this please 


  • steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @katyb

    Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you this afternoon 😃😃😃

    Yes I will try to help you today!!!!!!!!

    We have got some info on ESA here on our site.

    Sorry but have you let the DWP know this???

    Do you have any payslips from “2013 -

    Sorry for the questions I am just trying to get the “right state of play”


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    They will need to payslips from when he was working. You can't send the payslips from when he retired because there isn't any. Sending payslips from such a long time ago can be a problem for a lot of people. If you don't have those payslips then ring DWP and tell them and they'll advise you the best way around this.

    The reason they're asking is because your partner working at that time will affect any income related top up you may have been entitled to.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • katybkatyb Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi there , Thankyou for getting back to me , my husband is going to get in touch with his ex employer, so hopefully won’t be a problem, I will let you know the outcome.
Sign in or join us to comment.