ESA wanting payslips from retired husband? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA wanting payslips from retired husband?

katyb
katyb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there , 
a little confused , I’ve completed the ESA form weeks ok , then I had a phone call to say , could we send 5 payslips from my husbands work from 2013 to 21017 ? He retired in 2014 , can you help me understand this please 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @katyb

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you this afternoon ???

Yes I will try to help you today!!!!!!!!

We have got some info on ESA here on our site.

Sorry but have you let the DWP know this???

Do you have any payslips from “2013 -
    2014” 

Sorry for the questions I am just trying to get the “right state of play”

@steve51

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,321 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

They will need to payslips from when he was working. You can't send the payslips from when he retired because there isn't any. Sending payslips from such a long time ago can be a problem for a lot of people. If you don't have those payslips then ring DWP and tell them and they'll advise you the best way around this.

The reason they're asking is because your partner working at that time will affect any income related top up you may have been entitled to.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • katyb
    katyb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi there , Thankyou for getting back to me , my husband is going to get in touch with his ex employer, so hopefully won’t be a problem, I will let you know the outcome.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.