Help with work capability questionnaire when bed-bound — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Help with work capability questionnaire when bed-bound

Pain_Poop_Pee Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, I really need some help. I'm bed-bound and really need some help filling out the work capability questionnaire. I have tried CAB but they don't do home visits! So do yourselves offer this service or are you able to put me in touch with someone who will visit me at home? Any help will be gratefully received. 


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Pain_Poop_Pee Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.

    I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

    Sorry we do not offer the form filling in service. 

    Do you have a neighbour or a friend to help you fill the form in.?  Any support worker or health worker.?  Family members ?

    Understand I believe DWP offer the service if you can not go to CAB.  Your have to ring them up and speak to them.

    Also if you have a look at the CAB website there is a explanation of how to fill the form in.

    Hope that helps.

    Please take care.


    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Pain_Poop_Pee
    Pain_Poop_Pee Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hey spiceman,
    Nice to 'meet' you.
    I don't understand why you need to fill in a work capability questionnaire when my doctor has already informed UC that I am obviously not fit for work! 
    Plus you would see that I'm in receipt of enhanced rate of PIP for both care and mobility until 2021! So why can't they access the ATOS report?
    Makes my head spin?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Pain_Poop_Pee, and welcome!

    I'm sorry to hear this, and it's disappointing that Citizens Advice didn't put you in touch with anybody else who could help. This isn't a service that Scope offers, but searching on Advicelocal for support near you could be worth a try.

    There's also some great online guidance on filling in the ESA50 form here. Really hope this helps!


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.