Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Do we need to make a fresh claim?
Hi, wondering if anyone can help! Recently had my daughters pip result back enhanced mob no standard living (1 point away) however carers allowance stopped so income support will end in March, however if circumstances change I will have to make a fresh claim, does that mean if after her MR if she is awarded that point and I get CA reinstated I still have to make a claim or will it just update as my award has had new info? This is the most confusing system I’ve ever encountered, if anyone knows I’d be much appreciated........I’d rather not be in the situation where we have disabilities and be functionally “normal” so to speak, I guess not everyone is so fortunate. TIA
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.