Pip phone call — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip phone call

rturner
rturner Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hello folks , hoping for advice here, on 21st I had my reassessment for my pip as it was my third year and pip was due to stop in October.  The assessment was at home and though the nurse seem friendly enough due to past experience I didn't trust him . Any way with each passing day  I wait for my letter with built up anxiety and stress such is the nature of my illness . Last week I received a phone call asking my for details on my fits in take , I answered best I could but the did say they couldn't get my doctor as she was on leave , and I'm not sure how I stand now as they don't have the report from her, so guys should I worry ?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Phone the DWP and request a copy of your acessment report. If they are able to send the report you will able to see what your award may be, but they also could be delaying on making a decision waiting for the doctors report.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    Phone the DWP and request a copy of your acessment report. If they are able to send the report you will able to see what your award may be, but they also could be delaying on making a decision waiting for the doctors report.
    Hang on, since when has it been the case that the case manager of DWP starts to look for a GP report? Surely that would/should have been done at the very start by the assessor in order to establish whether a face to face assessment needs to be carried out. Is it really the responsibility of the DWP to start to look for other further evidence?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,321 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, this is usually done by the HCP and not DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rturner
    ok sound like I should be worried, hell this is getting to much for me
  • Yadnad
    Personally in your case I would not be worrying. It does sound like that the assessor was negligent in not conforming to the guidelines laid down on how they should carry out their duty.
    The DWP may well have picked up on this failing and is trying to find a way to rectify the assessor's lax attitude.
  • MatthewD1985
    MatthewD1985 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Please don't worry. they are probably waiting for the doctor if they are currently on leave, and as wilko has said you can get a copy of the report on request so I would do that in the meantime if it will help alleviate stress of waiting
  • rturner
    Cheers team. 
  • rturner
    Just a wee update guys, following the advice giving I contacted pip today and asked for copy of the assessment which is being sent to  me. I was then informed that my case is with a case manager and they are needing more info so that begs to question what is on the report. Getting more and more worked up . I know there is sadly worse then me but can't help my mind racing .
  • Yadnad
    edited February 2019
    rturner said:
    Just a wee update guys, following the advice giving I contacted pip today and asked for copy of the assessment which is being sent to  me. I was then informed that my case is with a case manager and they are needing more info so that begs to question what is on the report. Getting more and more worked up . I know there is sadly worse then me but can't help my mind racing .
    As I have said before, don't worry. It looks very much like that the DWP have picked up on something that they are not happy with. For them to seek further evidence it shows that they are not just accepting what the assessor's comments are. 
  • Yadnad
    ilovecats said:

Don't worry.

Often, the reports are internally audited and graded. If they auditor feels they assessor hasn't been thorough enough, they have to make a phone call to get more information. This can take some time. 
    You could say that in this situation the only one person who should not be suffering is the claimant due to the lack of professionalism on the part of their employee - the assessor. I doubt any contact is made with the claimant to apologise?

• rturner
    None what so ever

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.