Coming back from the brink. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Coming back from the brink.

Suzanned
Suzanned Community member Posts: 4 Connected
edited February 2019 in Coffee lounge
I have not been on in a while, but I am still here. I have been struggling the last year and a bit, but I am getting through it. 
I moved to Lurgan back in 2016, to start a course in computer applications, but the course fell through the Friday before I was due to start I was told I was not even enrolled. That was the Sept, then my 16 year old son was diagnosed with cancer in the November, sadly he lost his battle with this horrible disease 5 months later. 

Then a few months later my body just shut down, I have been diagnosed with Sciatica, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, carpel tunnel syndrome, and tendentious, oh and last of all fibromyalgia. Oh and I am visually impaired, some list eh. 

As you can imagine I just felt like giving up, and for awhile I did. I am now coming back from the brink. I am getting back to work on my support pages on FB VIP'S NI, and I am volunteering for RNIB again. I am looking at training in IT support for people like me, this way I can give something back and help others who might be in that dark place I was in. 

I am starting to think positive and love my positive thinking books, so much so I have a library of them lol. 

I am going to keep going I am going to get more mobile, and start hiking and taking photographs. Basically I am not going to give up. 

I just hope that this post will help others who might be finding things difficult to keep going. Think about it this way, If I can do it so can you xoxoxox

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.