Coming back from the brink. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Coming back from the brink.

Options
Suzanned
Suzanned Community member Posts: 4 Connected
edited February 2019 in Coffee lounge
I have not been on in a while, but I am still here. I have been struggling the last year and a bit, but I am getting through it. 
I moved to Lurgan back in 2016, to start a course in computer applications, but the course fell through the Friday before I was due to start I was told I was not even enrolled. That was the Sept, then my 16 year old son was diagnosed with cancer in the November, sadly he lost his battle with this horrible disease 5 months later. 

Then a few months later my body just shut down, I have been diagnosed with Sciatica, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, carpel tunnel syndrome, and tendentious, oh and last of all fibromyalgia. Oh and I am visually impaired, some list eh. 

As you can imagine I just felt like giving up, and for awhile I did. I am now coming back from the brink. I am getting back to work on my support pages on FB VIP'S NI, and I am volunteering for RNIB again. I am looking at training in IT support for people like me, this way I can give something back and help others who might be in that dark place I was in. 

I am starting to think positive and love my positive thinking books, so much so I have a library of them lol. 

I am going to keep going I am going to get more mobile, and start hiking and taking photographs. Basically I am not going to give up. 

I just hope that this post will help others who might be finding things difficult to keep going. Think about it this way, If I can do it so can you xoxoxox

Comments

Brightness