PIP Assesment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP Assesment

Allyd68 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, like numerous people I lost both parts of my PIP. The day I attended I had Strep throat was on my 2nd course of anti -biotics & was very tearful before the assessment & during it. I was made to wait an hr then they made me walk to the last meeting room even tho there were rooms much closer which were not being used. The report I recived didnt even seem like it was my assessment due to the lies & inacurases.. I suffer with M.E, mild Crohns, daily Headaches, Pancolitus, Hashimoto thyrioditus, Hypothyriodisum, Osteoarthritis, neck, shoulders, back, arms & both knees which I very painful. I also suffer with other complaints which are associated with my conditions. My cognitive impairment is compromised & I suffer brain fog & feel like I have dementia it's so frustrating. Its hard getting help if you don't have any friends or family & you spend most of your time in bed. Does anyone know if you can get legal aid from the Civil Legal Aid for help to see a solicitor to help with your claim & hold Atos accountable for lies & not taking into account medical evidence or Atos having an assessor that is not medically experienced in my conditions & how that effects the outcome of my assessment.
At least they can help word it for me & know what's right & wrong. 

Thanks Ally


  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Allyd68

    Good Evening and Welcome ??

    I’m very very sorry to hear about your current situation/problems.

    We do have many many members in similar situations with everything that you have mentioned in your post!!!!!!

    Yes I can tick ✔️ every box as well.

    We have got a number off “Benefit Advisors” on here who will be best placed to help you.

    Please please let me know if there’s anything else that I can help you with??????

     Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo

    Can you please have a look at this post for me?????

    Many thanks.

  • Allyd68
    Allyd68 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, Steve, many thanks for your reply it's very much appreciated. I do I contact the Benefit advisors for help? as new to this site & do get confused. Kind regards Allison
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,313 Disability Gamechanger

    My advice is to concentrate on the MR first and if that fails then Tribunal. The HCP doesn't need to be qualified in a certain conditions because all conditions affect people differently. When claimants fill out the form they need to make sure they put down as much information as possible about how their conditions affect them. Very often during a face to face assessment there isn't enough of time to go through everything about your conditions and how they affect you, which is why filling out the forms with everything is important.

    For the MR you need to put your request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

    You certainly don't need a solicitor at all because you won't get legal aid if you do. Contacting an advice centre near you for help and support is better and it's free. Welfare rights or a law centre near you is a good place to start, this link will help you to see what's in your area. https://advicelocal.uk/

    Once you've requested the MR then you should put a complaint into the health assessment providers about your assessment report. Good luck.

  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @Allyd68!


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.