I'm dealing with an issue now I wish I had known you always need to check for. I want to let the community know so they're better able to deal with this than I am.
Always, always test your property for bedbugs. You can get them from neighbours through the walls and whether you are clean or not. They are difficult to deal with anyway, let alone adding the complication of being disabled. Test for them always, use climb up interceptors and inspect for them when you can daily ideally.
They are horrible to deal with and not invisible like most think. They can give you very bad skin (like me) or no problems at all for sometime. They are difficult to treat anyway, so spotting them straight away will make getting rid of them easier. You could be giving them to friends, family, neighbours without knowing. Have a good relationship with your neighbours so you can find out if they have ever had issues, those beside and above you.
Its not nice to think or talk about but for the sake of your own care and sanity please always take measures to test and treat a problem as soon as you identify it.
Best to everyone
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments