Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Neuropathic pain, coping and managing
Hi, I have peripheral neuropathy, I am seeing a consultant in Brighton and he has also referred me to a Neurologist at Kings, but in the meantime the pain and discomfort is getting worse and I just do not know what to do.
Curently up to 450mg a day of pregabalin and increasing every 2 weeks by 75mg.
It would be nice to get advice or find out how others coped. Apart from having me in tears quite often it is now starting to get me down. I am married but work for myself from home, that doesn not help.
Any advice will be welcome whether about diet, exercise or anyhting else.
Struggling with peripheral neuropathy, getting me down and no end in sight.
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.