Pip claim now refused — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip claim now refused

rubyrose34 Member Posts: 8 Listener
Please can anyone help my hubby is my carer with my son but my hubby has now a lot of problems a d was told to apply.so we did .we asked for a home assessment as i cannot be left and they sent an appointment 35 miles from our home so we phoned and explained but they sent another for2 weeks after which this time we both became very ill and our son phoned and explained again and wrote a letter in too.
But this week a letter came and they have cancelled claim 
I hope this is easy to understand
Thanks to you all for your time.x


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,435 Disability Gamechanger
    He will need to ring DWP to explain the reasons why he didn't attend the assessment.
  • goblinqueen
    goblinqueen Member Posts: 16 Connected
    In their words two strikes and you're out , if you were ill you need to provide medical proof from your GP , same goes if you say you have to attend appointments they have to see the letters etc , the only way you will get a home assessment is if your GP says there is no way you can travel xyz , they don't just agree to them over the phone as home appointments are so limited 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,435 Disability Gamechanger
    Sometimes a letter from a GP isn't needed for a home assessment if the medical evidence you send is enough to prove a home assessment is needed. I requested a home assessment for my daughter when i first applied and the medical evidence was enough.

    I agree that needing a home assessment because you can't leave your partner most likely won't be enough.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.