Adapted kitchen — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Adapted kitchen

Options
sheZZa
sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
This question is just out of interest really.
18 months ago I was assessed by a OT who arranged for me to have a shower seat, perching stool, grab rails and handrails.
At the same time I was assessed and met the criteria for an adapted kitchen. The O/T applied for grant to finance the work. The kitchen should be completed week beg 11Match. Will this adapted kitchen be Recognised as an aid and should have I included it on my pip review form xx

Comments

• Tarpuk4
    Tarpuk4 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Options
    Mmm I don't really know sbabo this one but as it's an adapted kitchen, I presume this is going to make things easier for you. Will you be able to prepare food, Cook ,washup etc. I think these things apply to PIP in the sense that these adaptions are of benefit to you on a daily basis.
    Anyone else on here able to offer this lady some concrete advice xx
  • sheZZa
    Options
    Thank you for your response. Yes the kitchen is being adapted to make things easier for me and to hopefully enable me to prepare and cook food. I will still need some assistance but at the same time it should give me some independence also. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,243 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The perching stool is classed as an aid and should score you the 2 points for needing an aid to prepare food. Your kitchen itself won't be classed as an aid but you can only score once in a descriptor, so it makes no difference here. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sheZZa
    Options
    I didn’t realise that. Thank you 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.