Adapted kitchen — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Adapted kitchen

sheZZa
sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
This question is just out of interest really.
18 months ago I was assessed by a OT who arranged for me to have a shower seat, perching stool, grab rails and handrails.
At the same time I was assessed and met the criteria for an adapted kitchen. The O/T applied for grant to finance the work. The kitchen should be completed week beg 11Match. Will this adapted kitchen be Recognised as an aid and should have I included it on my pip review form xx

Comments

• Tarpuk4
    Tarpuk4 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Mmm I don't really know sbabo this one but as it's an adapted kitchen, I presume this is going to make things easier for you. Will you be able to prepare food, Cook ,washup etc. I think these things apply to PIP in the sense that these adaptions are of benefit to you on a daily basis.
    Anyone else on here able to offer this lady some concrete advice xx
  • sheZZa
    Thank you for your response. Yes the kitchen is being adapted to make things easier for me and to hopefully enable me to prepare and cook food. I will still need some assistance but at the same time it should give me some independence also. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    The perching stool is classed as an aid and should score you the 2 points for needing an aid to prepare food. Your kitchen itself won't be classed as an aid but you can only score once in a descriptor, so it makes no difference here. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sheZZa
    I didn’t realise that. Thank you 

Brightness