Esa refund — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa refund

Options
robbie23568
robbie23568 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
Hi everyone ,i recieved a small refund in December ,dwp said i had been on contribution based esa from 2011-2013 when they changed me over to contribution based esa .I recently applied for a budget loan and recieved a letter today stating i cant have one due to being on cont based Esa.The dwp have shot thereselves in the foot as i now have evidence that they now owe me a refund from 2013 .Will keep you updated.Theyre not getting away with it this time

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,200 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I'm sorry but i'm confused. Being on contributions based ESA instead of Income Related as you should have been back in 2011-2013 isn't going to help you claim a budgeting loan now.

As you have recently been refused may i ask what benefits you're claiming now and for how long? To claim a budgeting loan you must have been claiming a qualifying benefit for at least 26 weeks (6 months) without a break in your claim. 2013 was 6 years ago, if you are claiming a qualifying benefit now then you would have been accepted for the loan, so i'm confused.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Options
    Tell um nothing that's what they told me 
  • robbie23568
    Options
    Hi,

I'm sorry but i'm confused. Being on contributions based ESA instead of Income Related as you should have been back in 2011-2013 isn't going to help you claim a budgeting loan now.

As you have recently been refused may i ask what benefits you're claiming now and for how long? To claim a budgeting loan you must have been claiming a qualifying benefit for at least 26 weeks (6 months) without a break in your claim. 2013 was 6 years ago, if you are claiming a qualifying benefit now then you would have been accepted for the loan, so i'm confused.

• robbie23568
    Options
    Hi i applied for a budget loan to get a refusal in writing stating which esa i was on,i was refused an esa refund from 2013, as dwp told me i was on income related from then ,ive been on cont based so they owe me the refund due from being put on cont based instead of income related .One dept eg dwp cannot have advisors saying we are not due a refund for being on a benefit that another dept of dwp says different.Theyre trying to pull wool over peoples eyes as it suits them ,Thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.