On and off PIP over 7 years — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

On and off PIP over 7 years

coreylola Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone, I’m just wondering I’ve been awarded the standard rate daily living which I am happy with but feel like I should have got the standard on mobility too, if I challenge this will they stop any payments for the daily living component? 

Btw, I got DLA from when I was 16 my parents got the benefit before I was 16 obviously, then when I turned 19 I was told to apply for PIP which I did and I got the standard mobility back then but when I reapplied because my condition got worse when I was 24 I was taken off then benefit fully, I didn’t bother to challenge it back then because I suffered depression at the time and couldn’t cope with the hassle but then I decided to have another go after getting worse again I’ve reapplied and actually got awarded but down in the daily living component. And none for mobility. So confusing. 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,186 Disability Gamechanger

    Your existing award will continue while you request the MR. They will look at the whole award again and not just part of it. Most MR decisions remain the same but it has been known for people to lose points at the MR stage which removes any award they have. No one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risks to your current award by requesting the MR. You'll need to get some face to face advice from an advice centre near you. https://advicelocal.uk/


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.