Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
E.S.A / P.I.P help
Hi I live in southend with my partner and her 3 kids and a child..a couple of years ago I got diagnosed with advanced degenerative osteoarthritis in my knees and spondylitis in my back. I'm in constant pain most days and struggle day to day, my partner helps me as much as she can because her middle daughter has anxiety and adhd, and my partner herself also suffers from chronic fatigue, I've been through so much with dwp for a couple of years now with not much success or outcome with my e.s.a benefit....ive been through 3 mandatory reconsiderations and a apeal. I can honestly say this has fully broken me, I am in a situation now I'm under mental health first response and peebody is trying to help with this ongoing situation...i have no money or benefits in place, I've had 3/4 health assessments done by dwp and a couple of them didnt go well I scored below the points score, a couple of years ago and was put into a support group for twelve months...then my condition got worse and I never seem to score enough points, a couple of things....should I say we're slightly exaggerated to my anger by the health asser so I'm in no receipt of any benefit, and scared we will be homeless by the end of the mouth I've had full support from my doctor but seem to have the door shut when I appeal for ESA. I have doctors certificates and medical notes and my medication info not sure not where to turn, I'm more than just worried.......i feel now this will never be sorted I've battled dwp for 3 and half years now ?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.