Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Can DWP refuse a benefits advisor a request to use the "Escalation Route" in hardship cases ?
Joint universal credit (UC) claim. One claimant disabled and did not confirm her identity. UC claim closed by DWP . Legacy benefit child tax Credit (CTC) terminated by HMRC following trigger from DWP. Mandatory Reconsideration failed to change decision.
Benefits adviser contacted DWP on claimants behalf but DWP refused to "escalate" case to partnership manager. Can DWP refuse this request ?
We are preparing a tribunal claim against HMRC for termination of CTC . Do not wish to claim UC.
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 157 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 800 Work and employment
- 591 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.8K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 941 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.