Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my daughter is 20 and has Tourette's, severe anxiety and is also on a waiting list for a diagnostic autism test. I am her carer and have been since she was first diagnosed. Her tics have become worse, but been given meds. She has now been put forward for a referral for an assessment with social services to see if they can access more help for her...I can't tell my daughter my worries for her but I want to know how she can become semi independent when she is having so many issues? Will she need sheltered housing, if she becomes pregnant will the baby inherit her condition, will she be able to drive and which employers are disability friendly? Yesterday was too much as she had severe tics, and hurt herself in the process...I've had to leave work early today as I feel so stressed ? Any help would be great, thanks guys ?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.