HAD ENOUGH — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HAD ENOUGH

freckles
freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
I have had enough now of pip/esa it never ends i,ve got a tribunal hearing this month for pip and then today i get an ESA50 form its just all to much whats the point of sending medical evidence in when they ask you to go for a face to face assesement the pip assesement was a joke this ESA assesement will be the same  whats the point of carrying on with life for what to be lied to again its just all two much

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It certainly is a constant worry with all those re-assessments. For ESA they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months so we never know when it's going to drop through the door. It's extremely stressful too, having recently been through the dreaded ESA review again myself. Sleepless nights on top of the sleepless nights i already have. More stress, which we can all do without.

Unfortunately, there's really nothing anyone can say that will help you feel any better at least it didn't with me.

When filling out the form you need to make sure you put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Use extra paper if you have too because there's never enough of room on the form. Sending supporting evidence with the form because they rarely contact anyone. I'd advise sending everything you have, don't leave anything back.

You will need to make sure it's received by the date stated in the letter because there's no extension of time for the ESA50 form. The rules are slightly relaxed if you're claiming for mental health and it's noted on the computer with DWP.

If you need help to fill out the forms then contact a local advice centre near you. Or, there's guides online to help you. Fill out a little each day is what i did. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Don't let it get to you Freckles, that's the way things are now, we are all in the same boat. Everyone has to go through the same pointless assessment. 

If you are attending the assessment in person, phone them a few days before hand, tell them you want your assessment recorded, that puts a stop to them making things up. I realise now that I should have done this myself, you live and learn as they say.

Good luck.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @freckles

A lot of our members can relate to how stressful this can be.

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away. 

Please keep us updated and all the best with your assessment.

• clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    It is very stressful freckles for everyone I don't no who sits around a table and makes the rules but from what I'm learning from people they should listen to the affected because it's heartbreaking 
  • clarkjohnson
    Hang in there freckles if we were all In a room together and we could have a good rant I think we'd all feel better 
  • audigirl
    audigirl Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Hang on in there freckles
    just remember when you place one foot inside the assesment room there watching you 
    thats a mistake i made strolled over to get a drink of water as i could feel myself choking WeLL the report came back i could put my hands above head height & i opened doors which i never did think they i was going to balance my cup on my head i refused the excersice so didnt come frm that as for the doors they was automatic going in going out security guard opend them so just an example hun good luck 
  • Benistmonk
    I think where I went wrong at my assessment, I got into a fight with 2 security guards and beat the **** out of them. Got 0 points for mobility.  o:)
  • clarkjohnson
    Could have been worse they missed the Ali shuffle ?
  • Benistmonk
    The best part was, when I got to court, they said I didn't have a leg to stand on. :))
  • clarkjohnson
    You put yer left leg in yer right leg out you do the Hokey Cokey and you turn around that's what it's all about Ho the Hokey Cokey. My clients got a sence of humour 0 points 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.