Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Talk about been in a state. Having to change from dla which i had for life to pip. My dr sent the letter requesting home assesment which us what hapoened in my esa 2 years ago. They sent apoiintment at assesment centre. I rang them they got me in such a terrible state i had a panic attack online. I have alot of meducal conditions i take 25/39 tablets a day plus inhalers and sterouds. I also have anxiety and stress aling with agorophobia. They saud they will look agaun at drs letter but if they say no i will have to attend a centre even thougth the gp will have to give me drugs to get me there. How can they get a true assesment if im off my head partialky sedated. Ti make it worse before may i will have to go through it all agaun fir my esa. I wush i wasnt such a bloody coward cis id. Have ended my lufe aling tume ago. I nursed my mum fir 29 years and alk this when its 3rd anniversary if her death in 18th. Gid help me get through this.xxx
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.