What could I claim? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What could I claim?

dcole123
dcole123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have just been made redundant at work.....but I need advice what I am entitled to,I have a heart condition as a result of having a heart attack a few years back I have tried working but seem to be worse recently I am 57 years old and had 4 procedures done on me since heart attack and I may need another one , I get out of breath easily and struggle with any physical work , I have been told I can't claim anything but do not think this is right could you please advise me on this

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @dcole123   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

We have lots of information on benefits on our website. Have a look.

You can look at these links I have provided for you.

Benefits find out more.

https://www.gov.uk./browse/benefits/

Benefits Calculators GOV UK.

https://www.gov.uk./benefit-calculators.

You could also consult CAB for a benefit review . What you entitled to.

Benefits are complex and confusing. Please ask some one will know. A member of our team or a member of our community.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    Hi @dcole123, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm sorry to hear about your redundancy. You've had some brilliant advice above, so do have a look at those links. Another page that may be useful is the online PIP self-test, to give you an idea of your possible entitlement to PIP. 

Feel free to come back to us with any further questions and our members will do their best to advise!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.