Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hello l m so stressed out about this which l read a lot of people are .l don't know why l,m feeling really run down l don't want to think its because of this but l think it is .Its an ESA assessment ? which l have to attend next week ? I am no chicken l will be 65 in April 2019 .But l won't get my pension till the 6th September 2019 .l have just been allowed pip the lower rate in August last year l was just being able to get in front will all my bills but now l am having the carpet liter ally pulled from under my feet .l do feel that l shouldn't be so selfish as other's are more Disabled than me and are refused the benefit which I always thought was so unjust .l feel that my symptoms are milder than other peoples. l also think l won't qualify for it because l m pension age in fewa months and that I'm on pip .l couldn't believe l was given it .but l do have a few disabilities. Some because of my age .l wish I could work but l m so immobile and some days in severe pain l have only been out 5 times this year because of my disabilities and l only feel safe at home where l can lie down .l had a pip assessment in 2016 and failed because the woman who assessed me lied .so l don't trust any of them l don't know what benefits l will be in titled to after l get my pension l am confused at my age why l,m going for an assessment lve worked all my life but l think its disgraceful why we are all being persecuted .l hope someone can send me down the right path with some advice Thankyou for any help.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.