Assesment pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assesment pip

deedee55
deedee55 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi after putting a piece on here after been so upset. Yesterday was told no home assesment i was in such a state i had panic attack. Only got 3 hours sleep last night. Then this morning i had a call saying they are coming tomorrow saturday morning between 10 and 12. I just hope that the lady is nicer than the man i had 2 years ago for esa. He gave me 6 points it went to tribunal and i was awarded 24. At least it been this quick i dont have much time to get worked up. Just want it over and done with. The stress for genuine ill people is horrible. X

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear about how you're feeling @deedee55. Do you have people around you who can support you?

It must be difficult having to get your head around things so quickly but as you say, sometimes getting things over and done with can be a relief. Please do keep us updated, look after yourself, and wishing you all the best with the assessment.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    deedee55 said:
    The stress for genuine ill people is horrible. X
    I would imagine that everybody is 'genuinely' ill if they are claiming either ESA or PIP. Many treat the assessment as going to see a Consultant who you have never met before, Stress is self inflicted - relaxation is the key word to combat it.

In my assessments I always go in cheerful, respectful and act normal. If then I feel that I am being treated in any way that I would not want to treat someone then I say so. Respect goes two ways - I give it and expect it in return. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Sometimes we can possibly know or expect what the out come may or might be, be it an job interview, medical acessment or a diagnosis confirmation from a consultant. It raises the blood pressure and anxiety levels, sometimes we just want confirmation and closure to what’s been worrying us for the past weeks or months.  So being polite, respectful for each other and ourselves goes a long ans should be given and received from all we meet and visit in our daily lives.
  • deedee55
    deedee55 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Just ad assesment 1hr 20mins ive headache and totally confused . she yried to trip us up and catch us out. How emarrassing to yry and show how you wipe your backside. Im embarrassed and worn out mentally and phsucally. I tried to do all the things they asked me too but i stopped when pain kicked in. She didnt like it yhlught i should push myself more. Going to have to take double tramadol and amitriptyline and go to bed

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.