not sure what group to go in — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

not sure what group to go in

I was hoping to get advice on severe disability premiums but crnt find the page please can some one help  :/


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,550 Disability Gamechanger

    To be eligible to claim the severe disability premium you must be claiming either Income related ESA,JSA, Income Support or pension credit. You must also have either a daily living PIP award or DLA mid/high rate care or attendance allowance.

    No one must be claiming carers allowance for looking after you and you must live alone or be classed as living alone.

  • nanniep
    nanniep Member Posts: 7 Listener
    hi poppy .
    I do know how the system works I've been helping people for 15 years but I'm stuck with this one case so in short version ;

    Ann was on income support since 1996 
    she recived DLA HIGH CARE 
    HIGH MOBILITY since 2001
    Ann changed to P.I.P MAY 2016 ENHANCED on both.
    I realized she wasn't getting S.D.P so I got in touch with
    income support and they agreed she should be getting it and it was to be backdated they sent the form and then on the 1/1/2019 Ann's money was stopped completely income support now say Ann should not of been receiving income support since 2011 but that it was THERE mistake and that she did not owe any over payment .
    Ann is now getting E.S.A with S.D.P .
    the problem I have is getting the backdated S.D.P I belive that it's income support that owe it her even though she was not entitled to it it was THERE mistake not hers and they have already admitted it is owed to her after speaking to they they said E.S.A should pay it but E.S.A said it's income support that owe not them I don't want to give up as it's nearly £10,000 and its owed to her and in all fairness if she owed it to the goverment then she would have to pay it please can you advise .
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    You might be best advised to get trained help from a local advice centre
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • nanniep
    nanniep Member Posts: 7 Listener
    I have been trying to get advice but carbt get any appointments .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,550 Disability Gamechanger
    This is far too complex for an internet forum. This link will help you find advice centres in the area.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.