Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Study for parents of children with cerebral palsy
I am a third year student in Sport Sciences. My supervisor Dr Li (cc) has led a group of research investigating various aspects of locomotion of children with cerebral palsy, and my project is part of this larger ongoing investigation.
My study project focuses the amount of advice parents/guardians of children with cerebral palsy receive on the adjustments of their child’s walker. Published research and recent investigations from our team suggests that they receive an inconsistent level of information, and that there is no clear consensus between specialised physiotherapists on this important matter.
I wish to interview the parents and guardians in this situation to collect their opinion on this area.
I would like to recruit parents/guardians who have a child who uses a walker. I have attached an information sheet and a consent form to this discussion. The form will include my contact details and the details of the experiment. Information will of course remain anonymous.
Thank you for taking time to read this request. Do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information. Looking forward for your reply.
University of Birmingham undergraduate student
Mobile no.: [removed by moderator]
Email: [email protected]
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments