Here we go again — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Here we go again

bevvy1966
bevvy1966 Community member Posts: 77 Connected
Got a appointment with c.a.b on friday for my p.I.p appeal.. the man is going to help me with it.. the only thing is my at is on friday and the dead line is Thursday.. A lady I spoke to said thr c.a.b should have a form that I sign for an extension n its section 5 just not sure what the form is called

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Ring DWP and request the MR, tell them that you have an appointment on Friday and will send in the letter and further evidence as soon as you've had the appointment. They will then give you a further 28 days to send in your evidence and letter. Remember, it's 28 days to request the MR not 28 days to send it.

The worst that can happen is they go ahead with the decision before they receive your letter. The MR stage is just another delay in the appeal process because only 18% of the decisions are successful anyway and you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal.

Remember, you also get 13 months in total, with good reason.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bevvy1966
    bevvy1966 Community member Posts: 77 Connected
    No, its gone to appeal already.. irs the couurt
  • yanni
    yanni Community member Posts: 91 Pioneering
    Hi
    I think it is this SSCS1 form that she is referring to. Section 5 asks if the appeal is in time and if not you need to explain why e.g. you were waiting for an appointment with CAB for help with the appeal. 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/748554/sscs1-eng.pdf
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    yanni said:
    Hi
    I think it is this SSCS1 form that she is referring to. Section 5 asks if the appeal is in time and if not you need to explain why e.g. you were waiting for an appointment with CAB for help with the appeal. 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/748554/sscs1-eng.pdf
    Wow!! That's a new one on me - excusing a late appeal. Shame that the DWP don't have a similar understanding - I was in hospital for 4 months half of which was in the HDU. The DWP refused my request on that basis citing that someone else could have done it for me. Being at death's door in hospital was no excuse for not completing and sending back the DLA claim form within 30 days.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.